TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Lots may be inspected by appointment between the hours of 9AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday at our office, Samoset Road, Eastham, MA. Upon written request received at least 10 days prior the sale lots may be sent for examination. All such lots must be returned by registered mail, adequately insured, within 24 hours of receipt. The applicant is responsible for all lots sent for examination and is to pay all expenses for postage and insurance both ways.
2. Telephone bids will be accepted until 2 PM local time on the closing date of this sale.
3. Terms of sale are strictly cash on delivery to the highest bidder. Successful bidders unknown to us will be notified of lots secured for them are expected to remit full payment before lots can be forwarded.
4. Lots are sold to the highest bidder at one increment over the next highest bid. Bids $10.00 and below go to the highest bidder at the bid. Ties go to the earliest bid received.
5. There will be a 10% buyer premium added to the successful bid price. The buyer agrees to pay postage and insurance costs with a $1.50 minimum.
6. Any account more than 30 days in arrears is subject to a late charge of 1 ½% per month as long as the account remains in arrears.
7. All lots remain the property of H.J.W. Daugherty in behalf of the seller until paid for in full.
8. We reserve the right to withdraw any lots for the sale or to act in behalf of the seller
9. Lots may be returned for misdescription only within three days of receipt. The following lots may not be returned for any reason: Lots containing ten or more stamps, lots from buyers who have examined them before the sale, lots described as having defects or faults may not be returned for such faults. Check you r bid sheet, even if you bid in error, you are still responsible for payment. All returns are subject to mailing requirements of condition #1 and must be returned as received from us.
10. Notice of expertising must be made within seven days of receipt. The fact an item is sent for expertising does not relieve the bidder from terms of cash due upon receipt.
11. Catalog values are current Scott value unless noted otherwise.
12. The placing of a bid shall constitute acceptance of the foregoing conditions.
Hugh JW Daugherty, Licensed and Bonded Auctioneer
Member; APS, ARA, PHS, USPCS, etc.
Mass. Auctioneers License #227
$ 5.00 to 29.00 $1.00
30.00 to 68.00 2.00
70.00 to 195.00 5.00
200.00 to 490.00 10.00
500.00 to 975.00 25.00
1000.00 to 1950.00 50.00
2000.00 to 3900.00 100.00
4000.00 to 9750.00 250.00